Condition names, was: comments on draft-ietf-webdav-quota-04.txt

Brian Korver wrote:

>>> There was no clear consensus when I asked for a show of hands on
>>> the   list
>>> on whether this change was desired/required.
>>

>> I can't recall you asking; but I'm sure you can point to a message in
>> the mailing list archive?
>>
>> Anyway, *I* recall that you agreed to change it
>> (<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JulSep/
>> 0107.html>) and the only disagreement came from Lisa (in
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JulSep/
>> 0109.html>, but she said she didn't want to delay the draft because
>> of  that).
>

> Right, those are the emails.
>
> I agree with Lisa that I don't feel it's worth delaying the draft
> over either.  Are you saying that you would object to the draft
> moving forward if your suggested change isn't made?

I'm convinced that re-using RFC3253 terminology in an inconsistent way
is a Very Bad Idea, in particular if there doesn't seem to be any
rationale for it except "personal preference". Thus, I'll continue to
object, and, as far as I can tell from the previous mails, I seem to be
part of the WG majority here.

Best regards, Julian