RE: Comments on bind-08

Julian writes:

> I guess we should stick with diagrams until we agree on the operation
> we're performing...:

Yes, good point. Hmm, the figures you drew weren't quite right.

Before (this is OK, I added lock token identifiers for clarity):

+------------------+
| Root Collection  |
|  bindings:       |
|  CollW           |
+------------------+

+-------------------------------+
| Collection C1                 |<--------+
| bindings:                     |         |
| CollX               CollY     |         |
+-------------------------------+         |
     |                  |                 |
     |                  |  (creates loop) |
     |                  |                 |
+-----------------+  +------------------+ |
| Collection C2   |  | Collection C3    | |
| LOCKED infinity |  | LOCKED infinity  | |
| (lock token L2) |  | (lock token L3)  | |
| bindings:       |  | bindings:        | |
|  {none}         |  | y.gif     CollZ  | |
+-----------------+  +------------------+ |
                       |            |     |
                       |            +-----+

                   +---------------------------+
                   | Resource R2               |
                   | (lock inhereited from C3) |
                   | (lock token L3)           |
                   +---------------------------+

After (this is changed -- CollZ now points to C2, not C1)

+------------------+
| Root Collection  |
|  bindings:       |
|  CollW           |
+------------------+

+-------------------------------+
| Collection C1                 |
| bindings:                     |
| CollX               CollY     |
+-------------------------------+
     |                  |
     |                  |
     |                  |
+-----------------+  +------------------+
| Collection C2   |  | Collection C3    |
| LOCKED infinity |  | LOCKED infinity  |
| (lock token L2) |  | (lock token L3)  |
| bindings:       |  | bindings:        |
|  {none}         |  | CollZ     y.gif  |

                   | Resource R2               |
                   | (lock inhereited from C3) |
                   | (lock token L3)           |