BIND issue 2.3_copy_example, was: Comments on bind-08

Jim Whitehead wrote:
>>Which of the open issues below can be closed now?
>>
>><http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-lates
>>t.html#rfc.issue.2.3_copy_depth_infinity>
>

> This can be closed.
>

>><http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-lates
>>t.html#rfc.issue.2.3_copy_vs_loops>
>

> This can be closed.

Thanks, done
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html>
updated accordingly).

>><http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-lates
>>t.html#rfc.issue.2.3_copy_example>
>

> I'm still not 100% sure what cases this is intended to cover. My
> interpretation is that it covers (a) the target of a loopback binding, as
> well as (b) the case where there are multiple bindings to the same resource.
> We currently have an example for (a) and not (b).
>
> I'd like to see the following example added to address this shortcoming.
>
> Given the following collection hierarchy:
>
> +------------------+
> | Root Collection  |
> |  bindings:       |
> |  CollX
> +------------------+
> +----------------+
> | Collection C1  |
> | bindings:      |
> | x.gif    y.gif |
> +----------------+
>    |         |
>    |         |
>  +-------------+
>  | Resource R1 |
>  +-------------+
>
> A COPY of /CollX with Depth infinity to /CollY results in the following
> collection hierarchy:
>
> +------------------+
> | Root Collection  |
> |  bindings:       |
> |  CollX     CollY |
> +------------------+
>    |              \
>    |               \
>    |                \
> +----------------+  +-----------------+
> | Collection C1  |  | Collection C2   |
> | bindings:      |  | bindings:       |
> | x.gif    y.gif |  | x.gif     y.gif |
> +----------------+  +-----------------+
>    |         |          |         |
>    |         |          |         |
>  +-------------+      +-------------+
>  | Resource R1 |      | Resource R2 |
>  +-------------+      +-------------+
>

> Assuming that those are the only two cases intended to be covered, the
> addition of this example would close this issue.

I do agree that this the other case the text covers, and that our
example currently doesn't show it explicitly (it does show it somehow
for the collection resource binding structure being re-created, but
people may be be aware because this also illustrates the bind loop
behaviour).

Any objections to *not* adding a new example, but just adding a second
binding to y.gif to the example in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.2.3.1>?

Best regards, Julian