Re: new proposed text for locking overview

 From an implementer's viewpoint and one admittedly much less
knowledgeable about specifications:

I found it much easier to translate the WebDAV specs into a programming
architecture by classifying locks and ACEs as "associations".  Rather
than fundamental objects (read "resources") associations are "tuple"
(principal-action-resource) relationships between resources, with a
relationship attribute set.

-Jake

JS Baumgarten
Apple .Mac Backend Server Engineering

+1-408-974-0043
jbaumgarten@apple.com
Loc: VG5-1045   MS: 82-EC
20605 Valley Green Dr, Cupertino CA 95014 USA
www.apple.com