Re: Issue 2.5_language, was: ID: draft-ietf-webdav-bind-05

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> I noticed that you moved the sentence to the end of the third
> paragraph instead of to the end of the second paragraph.
> I'd prefer it to be at the end of the second paragraph, but
> either way is OK.

That makes more sense -- thanks for checking. New text below:

2.5  MOVE and Bindings

    When MOVE is applied to a resource, the other bindings to that
    resource MUST be unaffected, and if the resource being moved is a
    collection, the bindings to any members of that collection MUST be
    unaffected.  Also, if MOVE is used with Overwrite:T to delete an
    existing resource, the constraints specified for DELETE apply.

    If the destination collection of a MOVE request supports the REBIND
    method (see Section 6), a MOVE of a resource into that collection MAY
    be implemented as a REBIND request.  Although [RFC2518] allows a MOVE
    to be a non-atomic operation, when the MOVE operation is implemented
    as a REBIND, the operation is atomic.  In particular, applying a MOVE
    to a Request-URI and a Destination URI has the effect of removing a
    binding to a resource (at the Request-URI), and creating a new
    binding to that resource (at the Destination URI).  Even when the
    Request-URI identifies a collection, the MOVE operation involves only
    removing one binding to that collection and adding another.

    As an example, suppose that a MOVE is issued to URI-3 for resource R
    below (which is also mapped to URI-1 and URI-2), with the Destination
    header set to URI-X.  After successful completion of the MOVE
    operation, a new binding has been created which creates the URI
    mapping between URI-X and resource R.  The binding corresponding to
    the final segment of URI-3 has been removed, which also causes the
    URI mapping between URI-3 and R to be removed.  If resource R were a
    collection, old URI-3 based mappings to members of R would have been
    removed, and new URI-X based mappings to members of R would have been
    created.

    >> Before Request:

     URI-1   URI-2    URI-3
       |       |        |