Re: Remaining issues with the bind draft -- process

Jason Crawford wrote:

> A new LOCKING document?  I'm not sure.  Admittedly LOCK'ing has been a
> problem for a long time.   Tossing out lock-null resources was a big
> help.   Is locking holding up 2518bis?  Does creating a new document
> help?   Let's hear the pros and cons of having a separate document for
> locking?

We talked about that in January
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JanMar/0030.html>).

Primarily, it reduces the complexity of RFC2518bis, and allows us to
both clarify and enhance locking without getting problems with
RFC2518bis advancing in the standards ladder.

And yes, what's holding up 2518bis? The last draft was posted almost six
months ago, to which I replied with a long list of issues. There was
almost no feedback.

Regards, Julian