Re: BIND vs RFC3253

In general, I don't see much of a problem with indicating that a spec
like this "updates" a previous document even if the document doesn't
change specific items in the previous document.  Speaking personally,
when I see "updates", I take it as "read both".  The contrast is, obviously,
with "supersedes" which implies one can/should read only the second
document.

Just my take on it,
			regards,
				Ted Hardie