Re: DAV:modificationdate (was bindings-last-modified (was RE: DAV :getlastmodified of collections))

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> I've only seen a couple people express interest in this new proposed
> property.
> I'd like to know more to see a clear consensus:
>  - Should we add this property, yea or nay
>  - Should it be protected or writable (a writable last modified value
> would be very useful to
> clients doing backups or migrations)
>  - Who will implement it, if it is added to 2518bis (ie within a year or
> two of its addition)

I think it's useful to define this property, even if it's not widely
implemented. For instance, when discussing the behaviour of
DAV:getlastmodified (see previous mail) we'd be able to point to this
description and say "this is what many people expect DAV:getlastmodified
does, but it doesn't".

Regarding how to proceed: we probably would be able to implement this
property relatively soon. It would be interesting to hear from the
Apache/moddav people (Greg?), though...

An alternative approach would be to start a separate document that
contains all the new things we'd like to see in WebDAV++, but currently
don't want to put into RFC2518bis. This document could also serve as new
home for an updated description of DAV:source, for instance.