resolving relative URIs, RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-03.txt

OK,

no matter what we do, there should only be *one* place in the spec
describing it.

The choices that I see are

1) we just define that RFC2396-defined relative URI resolution takes place
(also defining what the base URL is in each case),

2) 1) + descriptive text or

3) something different that is compatible to 1), but disallows some specific
cases.

I'd vote for 1) (because that's what RFC2518 says and I haven't seen any
convincing reason to change it yet).