RE: RFC2518bis: allprop deprecated (4.1)

Following up to my own post:

the last WG meeting minutes (at
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01dec/127.htm>) say:

"What 'allprop' means....

MUST include all 2518 props and all dead props to maintain interrop. However
new live props in ACL DASL etc are being defined as NOT returned by allprop.
Property dead on one server may not be dead on another server. allprop is
historical. Promote using propname. Is it legal for Xythos to use the adobe
namespace? You could have a property that is defined dead on one server be
live on another!

allprop must return all properties required for interrop.

Eric - property should be defined dead or non-nead...you can't mix and
match.

Should we deprecate allprop?
Perhaps use allprop-include or other mechanism to save roundtrip and
deprecate allprop. Sitecopy properties would not be the same. Is deprecate
something we can do in IETF? Take it out and reference them back to the old
draft. Geoff - Short description plus reference back to old spec. We took a
vote and 3 people would like it to become a info note, nobody objected."

I'm not sure I understand what the last paragraph says. I certainly do *not*
agree to remove allprop without replacing it with something which is as
efficient. See remarks in my previous mail.

-include-l
atest.html>