Re: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 06:46:49PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> The main issues are that
>
> - the text and examples in the RFC just do not make sense to me (see [1])
>
> - the source property doesn't offer enough information to display
> information about the *types* of link relations
>
> [1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0119.html>

If you drop the XLink stuff I support the "source-set" property
described in that message as a replacement for the source property; I
implemented it a while ago for mod_dav and cadaver and it very works
nicely. (I started off implementing {DAV:}source but it suffers greatly
because of the two issues given above)

An alternative would be to retain the "source" property but drop the
redundant "src" element and replace it with a "description" element
giving a human-readable description of the link as the cdata content.

joe