From: Jason Crawford [mailto:ccjason@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 2:54 PM
To: 'WebDAV'
Subject: RE: Purpose of Namespace

Just to clarify my note a bit...

By "properties issue" what I meant is that XML namespaces are needed
largely for the sake of properties.  As per

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0299.html

I'd like to provide a bit more info.  (Sorry for being so fractured in the
presentation.)  I just want to point out in section 4.5 we already have...

   The XML namespace mechanism, which is based on URIs [RFC2396], is
   used to name properties because it prevents namespace collisions and
   provides for varying degrees of administrative control.

Should we leave that XML namespace comment in section 1, modify it, or
remove it.  (You can find the text of it below.)

J.