RE: [ACL] Principal Identity

At 8:11 AM -0500 11/21/01, Clemm, Geoff wrote:
>I believe that when we revise 2518, that that the
>new DAV:allprop behavior should be defined to be
>"all live properties defined in RFC 2518 plus all
>dead properties".

This works fine for me if we allow for server "discretion" by saying
"at least all live properties defined in RFC 2518 plus all dead
properties."  Servers that *want* to show live properties should not
be prohibited from doing so.

My motivation for this (other than common sense :^) is that I believe
many generic clients use ALLPROP as a way of saying "show me
everything I'm likely to care about."  Some servers will have a
number of general-interest properties that are live and useful in
such a list; for example, workflow servers often have live properties
indicating status, assignee, and those kinds of things.  It would be
awkward if 2518++ prohibited them from showing these in response to
an ALLPROP.

     dan

--
Daniel Brotsky, Adobe Systems