RE: content type for WebDAV request/response bodies, was: [ACL] Access Control Protocol -07 submitted

Why do you think that we need an encoding scheme?

And does the encoding scheme need to produce URIs, or will any Unicode
string do?

I think that identifying properties using the pair (namespace name, local
name) is just fine, and how a server treats this internally shouldn't be of
any concern to the spec.