RE: content type for WebDAV request/response bodies, was: [ACL] Access Control Protocol -07 submitted

OK, here's my attempt to clarify it:

10	XML PROCESSING

10.1	Request / response marshalling

The XML media type rules as defined in [RFC2376] apply:
Servers and clients MUST support the content type "text/xml". When this
content type is used, the character set MUST be specified in the "charset"
parameter unless the character set is "US-ASCII".
Servers and clients also SHOULD accept the content type "application/xml".
For this content type, the "charset" parameter is not required, but it is
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to specify it anyway.
Request and response bodies MUST be encoded in one of the standard XML
encodings ("UTF-8" or "UTF-16") .

10.2	Request / response parsing
Implementations of this specification MUST support the XML element ignore
rule, as specified in Section 23.3.2 of [RFC2518], and the WebDAV XML
Namespace  interpretation convention, described in Section 23.4 of
[RFC2518]recommendation [REC-XML-NAMES].
Note that use of the DAV namespace is reserved for XML elements and property
names defined in a standards-track or Experimental IETF RFC.