RE: Ideas: GETSRC & MULTIPUT

Jim,

I think both address real-world needs, and non-proprietary solutions would
be welcome.

> The first is to introduce a GETSRC method to support access to the
> unprocessed source of a resource. This would decouple the dynamic response
> of a resource (GET) from its static source (GETSRC).

Yes. This could replace Microsoft's "Translate" header. However, it would
also need to address which set of live properties (src or dynamic) PROPFIND
is supposed to report.

See also the discussion in [1].

> The second is to introduce the MULTIPUT method to support "PUT with
> PROPPATCH" scenarios. MULTIPUT would accept some subset of multipart MIME
> packages and atomically write them to the server. This would support the
> update of a resource and its metadata in one transaction.

Sounds good.

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001JulSep/0149.html>