RE: Digest Authentication

As an afterthought: If Dylan wants to be safe that somebody
stealing the encrypted passwords cannot log in to the server,
then Digest Authentication is indeed not a good idea. (See
RFC 2617, Chapter 4.13).

If you need to be safe in the case of stolen "password files",
you need to upgrade to TLS and basic auth or use client certs.

//Stefan