new mailing list? (was: [dav-dev] Collaborative Environments)

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 05:08:40PM -0400, Ben Swihart wrote:
> I would gladly join and participate in this new list.
>
> dav-ideas@lyra.org?
> On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 04:03 PM, Stephan, Eric G wrote:
>
> > I agree that it would be nice to have another mail list for WebDAV idea
> > sharing.
> > To us, WebDAV is a tremendous gift and opens many doors for the scientific
> > community.  I think it would be a blast to exchange these types of ideas.

Well, the use of @lyra.org is completely historical. At that magical point
in the future, when I have all the time needed, I'd be moving
dav-dev@lyra.org to mod_dav@webdav.org or something. dav-announce@lyra.org
will become announce@webdav.org.

That said: I'm a bit unclear on its charter, purpose, etc. But then again, I
don't need to be. :-)  A *volunteer* can be that person.

Ben, Eric? Somebody else? I would create a Mailman mailing list, set you to
be the admin for it, and let you set up the description and other parameters
for the mailing list.

Further, it would be great for somebody to maintain a subsection on
webdav.org that contains this information. Maybe /papers/ideas or
/other/ideas or something. Suggestions and volunteers?

Lastly, I need to add a link/page on webdav.org to the various mailing lists
related to webdav. This would be included among those.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/