RE: Webdav issue: UNLOCK_BY_NON_LOCK_OWNERS

Just so it doesn't get overlooked....  do we agree with what Geoff has said
below?

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com

"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>@w3.org on 08/21/2001 12:18:30 AM

Sent by:  w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org

To:   Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
cc:
Subject:  RE: Webdav issue: UNLOCK_BY_NON_LOCK_OWNERS

Well, that's a really easy change, i.e. all you have to do is
absolutely nothing (:-).  Currently, section 11 in 2518 places
no constraints on who can do an UNLOCK operation (i.e. if you
can discover the lock token, you can request an UNLOCK).  The ACL spec
introduces ways to constrain who can do an operation.  So we're done (:-).