RE: rfc2518 issue: DEFER_LOCK_NULL_RESOURCES_IN_SPEC

As far as I remember, with WebIFS installed on a german Windows2000 server
machine, it will generate something like "Montag, 12. Jan 1998 08:25:56 GMT"
rather than "Monday, 12-Jan-98 09:25:56 GMT". This means, you can't use the
standard locale date formatting routines for WebDAV (or HTTP) RFC dates
(unless you force it to use the english language).

Yes (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#PROPERTY_creationdate>).

> Folders didn't
> seem to like that, so we put in a hack at the last minute to make
> it display
> dates correctly.

Well. The way it's done now, MS web folders won't even *mount* the directory
because of the broken date format.

I think I remember that an old version of MS web folders only accepted
ISO8691 dates if they came with a data type attribute a la

<creationdate xmlns:dt="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/"
dt:dt="dateTime.tz">2001-08-01T14:38:27Z</creationdate>

This isn't nice, but at least it doesn't break any client. Newer versions of
web folders don't seem to have this problem.

>      5) <getcontentlanguage> (when not "unknown") is set to language
>      strings like
>      "ENGLISH" (which I think is incorrect according to section 14.13 of
>      [RFC2068])
>

> Yep, that's a bug.  Will fix it in our next release.
>
> Let me know if you found any other issues.

Due to the bugs mentioned, I currently can't use WebIFS with anything beside
some special test scripts. Microsoft Webfolders (and Office) will reject
them, so it's hard to do any serious testing.

Thanks for the feedback!