RE: rfc2518 issue: DEFER_LOCK_NULL_RESOURCES_IN_SPEC

Bits snipped, all IMHO.

I don't think LNRs should be changed at all.

You could use a file to track the lock if you wish and you won't be
deviating from the RFC.

The RFC doesn't place restrictions on implementation (in this case LNRs) -
you can basically use whatever you want, so why are you suggesting that the
semantics should be changed ?

Its an implementation problem, not a protocol problem.

> -ilya

Regards

Shaun Hall
Xerox Europe