From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Max Elander
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 3:30 AM
To: WebDAV-listan
Subject: Security and WebDAV

Hi!

I have been lurking on the list for a couple of weeks now and thought Iąd
come out of the shadows to ask a question that I havenąt seen anyone else
addressing:

How about security? I understand that as DAV uses http as the underlying
protocol, I can use SSL as a way to enhance security, and realms on my
server to exclude unwanted visitors.

What I am more interested in is if there is any support in current clients
for more rigorous security, eg RSA encryption or similar approaches?

If I use a webclient such as IE or Netscape the answer is rather obvious,
but how is it with webfolders in Windows, how will it work in Mac OS X, does
Adobe support it in Photoshop and InDesign, has Microsoft done anything like
that in Office 2000, Office XP and so forth?

If this is a topic on another list, please let me know.

Regards, Max Elander
(Content Manager, AcadeMedia World)