Re: FW: WebFolders on Intranet

Thank you for sharting those comments with us, Gerbert.

Since my great-grandmother was born in Austria, I was lucky enough to enjoy a certain exposure to the German language in my early
youth. Interesting...

BTW I mistakenly referred to Microsoft (R) Front Page (R) Server Extensions as FPX (in my haste), and I stand corrected by Sean
Lyndersay, who has inadvertantly pointed out to me that I should have used FPSE.

We have had post-installation Intranet permissions issues with FPSE, on Apache for UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0. In a nutshell,
there were folders in the directory tree with ownership by various individuals, and after installing FPSE, we discovered that a
recursive chown had set all ownerships to root.

We've been using Microsoft (R) Front Page (R) as a Web Publishing client interoperating with Web Folders for the better part of
Y2K. Although Microsoft(R) Office 2000(R) integrates WebDAV management into the FP client (somebody correct me, again, if this
comment is too far off base), our version management remains as a combination of RCS and CVS (for binaries).

A less-kludgy WebDAV integration would save us some major time and effort in versioning our Web content via command line, both
Internally and Externally. As both a Microsoft (R) Front Page (R) user and evangelist, and a father of two and four year old
girls, I would appreciate the release of this development on many levels.

Cheers from sunny California,

Stewart Hersey
Certainty Solutions
(formerly GNAC)