RE: webdav help

Jamil,

The Xythos Storage Server may fill your bill -- with a little custom
code.  Our WebDAV server is a platform, so it does all the WebDAV stuff,
lock/unlock, basic versioning, access control, searching, etc.  XSS is
compatible with MS Web Folders clients (haven't done testing with
DreamWeaver4, is it DAV 2 compatible?).  Most importantly, we have a
Java API to allow our customers to apply their own business rules and
APIs.

It sounds like you'd need a little bit of Java servlet code, or two JSP
pages, to finish off the publishing scenario you describe below.
Although there are many ways of skinning a cat, my recent work with JSPs
suggests it would be quite easy to create two JSP-run web pages:  one
for the author to choose their file and click "submit for publishing",
and another for the editor to see all files and click "approve".
Underneath the simple code running these two web pages, XSS can do the
rest for you.

Lisa
Director of Server Development
Xythos Software, INC (http://www.xythos.com)