RE: Proposal for marshalling property type information

Tim, thanks for the summary.

Now I'm tempted to agree that these should be returned. A minor issue is
with DAV:getlastmodified, because it's format isn't xs:dateTime, meaning
that we have to define a datatype for it in the spec. That's why I'd still
prefer to leave them out.

> So although I don't think it would be a great overhead for servers to
> return these each time, I don't really care either way.
>
> > > It was generally agreed on this list a while back that total
> > > success may be condensed to a simple 200 OK response.  Your
> > > suggestion would require a further modification to these servers.
> >
> > I see. Maybe this should be put onto the issues list then (for
> > resolution in RFC2518).
>
> What is the issue? I don't think that there is any great harm to
> interop if
> some servers respond with 200OK and others return 207MultiStatus
> with 200OK
> for each response.

The issue is that after reading the spec (and tracing IIS), authors of
client software might think that they'll always get a 207 which apparently
isn't the case (so I think this should be clarified).

> > Do you think it would be a problem to require the 207 <multistatus>
> > response in this case?
>
> You may get pushback from some server writers.

Well, unless somebody suggests a better approach, I'll have to live with
that.