RE: Proposal for marshalling property type information

Understood. So would it possibly make sense to to change the wording to "he
property's data type is defined in [RFC2518]" (leaving other specifications
out)? I still think we don't need to return the types for RFC2518 defined
properties...

> (stuff deleted)
>
> > Good point. I always thought that a server MUST return <multistatus>
> > on success, but RFC2518 seems to be silent about that. Certainly all
> > examples show a 207.
>
> It was generally agreed on this list a while back that total
> success may be
> condensed to a simple 200 OK response.  Your suggestion would require a
> further modification to these servers.

I see. Maybe this should be put onto the issues list then (for resolution in
RFC2518).

Do you think it would be a problem to require the 207 <multistatus> response
in this case?