Re: Issue: PROP_ATTR

Greg wrote:
> The question isn't about attributes in general, it
> is about *which* attributes. Consider the following:
>
>   <D:prop>
>     <theprop attr1="foo">
>       thevalue
>       <subelem attr2="bar"/>
>     </myprop>
>   </D:prop>
>
> I believe everybody would agree that attr2 gets stored.

Yes.

> The real question is about attr1. I see that attribute
> as part of the element that *names* a property, but it
> isn't part of the property *value*.

That's an interesting comment -- I'd say that everything from the opening
element <theprop... to the closing element </theprop> is the property, and
the outermost element is called its 'name'.  Everything about the property
should be stored, including 'copying down' namespace declarations where
required.

> IMO, PROP_ATTR is about defining the boundary between
> property naming, and a property's value.

I don't think there is a boundary per se, the name is extracted from the
property.

Tim