Re: ETags

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Kevin Wiggen wrote:
> I searched the spec and could not find any special details on handling
> ETags.
>
> Should an ETag value be updated when a dead property is changed?  On the

Probably, on the basis that an ETag represents the resource, and the
properties are part of the resource.

> same note, do most servers update the last-modified-date when a dead
> property is changed?

mod_dav does not update the last-modified-date. This is stated at
http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/#imp

> Does Webdav want to take a stand one way or another?

I'd prefer it didn't since it would be rather painful for me to support.
But that's just me :-)

Cheers,
-g

--