RE: is DELETE "best effort"?

Bill the answer for RFC 2518 is an unequivocal YES.

What is being argued is if we should change that YES to a no. This will
require issuing a new version of RFC 2518.

Until such a new version is issued the answer is YES.

BTW, Geoff, RFC 2518 already supports having the server refuse to change any
of the members if it can't delete the root.

			Yaron