Re: Should I use displayname?

At 03:00 PM 1/19/00 +0100, Rickard Falk wrote:
>When I'm trying to perform a directory browsing, that I'm going to present
>to a user. Should I then present the Displayname info or should I pars the
>href to get the name of the resource, from the Propfind request?
>If I should use the Displayname info, can I rely on that it only contains
>the name of the resource and not the complete path? ( this seems to be the
>case for IIS, Xythos, Zope. But not for CyberTeams server )

Rickard,

       The CyberTeams server will soon provide the displayname property,
which will represent whatever is recommended for displaying to the
user.  We haven't been returning it before since most of our earlier
testing has been against Web Folders, which calmly ignores any values in
displayname.  I would not rely on the href containing a meaningful resource
name, especially when you are looking at something other than a file system.

Cheers.......    Randall

Randall Severy    severy@cyberteams.com    http://www.cyberteams.com/severy
CyberTeams, Inc.    info@cyberteams.com    http://www.cyberteams.com
Mt. Airy, MD
(301) 829-6144          "Building effective teams in cyberspace"
1-888-832-5575