Re: Review of Bindings

Review of BindingsI second all of Yaron's motions, with the exception of Yaron.BindSyntax (addressed separately) and Yaron.Insulting2616, which I have no comment on.

--Eric
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yaron Goland
  To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 5:24 PM
  Subject: Review of Bindings

  I have just finished a detailed review of the bindings spec.

  After having given it a lot of thought I have come to agree with the conclusions given in the bind spec, the WebDAV collection model is broken and needs to be fixed. I further agree that the proposed model in BIND is a definite improvement. While I'm still not convinced of some of the mostly philosophical details (is a bind recorded in the collection or on the resource?, for example), none of these details are sufficiently weighty to merit holding up the spec. If we find that some of the niggling issues aren't correct then we will fix it later.

  After reviewing the draft I find that I have 17 issues. I have identified each issue with a name. Following WebDAV mailing list tradition each issue is addressed in its own letter.

  The complete list of issues I am raising, in no particular order, are:

  Yaron.PublishBind
  Yaron.WeScrewedUp
  Yaron.4Huh?
  Yaron.5.3Huh?