RE: Ordered Collections and PROPFIND Responses

Slein, Judith A wrote:
> On the one hand, it is a good thing for the client to be made
> aware that the
> PROPFIND response is ordered, so that the client can decide whether to
> override that ordering with its own.
>
> On the other hand, it seems like a bad idea to return random
> information
> that we think might (or should) be interesting to the client.

Just as a general approach, should we not favour the latter view? For a
client that cannot or does not take notice of the order it is irrelevant
information to receive anyway. And for the client that can order, they
should ask for it. Otherwise, where do you stop adding info that you
think should be significant?

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck