Re: Write Locks on Collections

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jim Davis wrote:
> A followup question for clarification
>
> Suppose I have a collection locked (at depth infinity), and I LOCK a  null
> resource (7.4) within it.
>
> Does this action constitute adding a resource  "as an internal member URI
> of a locked collection " as in 7.5?
>
> If so, then the locked-null resource now has two locks on it, right?

Yup. That's what mod_dav does.

Note that both locks must be shared.

And here is something that is really whacky: now remove the new lock --
the lock-null resource should still stick around since it had inherited
the lock from its parent collection. It will remain until that parent
collection's lock has been removed.

Fun, eh? :-)

Cheers,
-g