Re: Integrated XML browser/editor and WebDAV BOF at XML '99

I think you missed one of the talks at XML '99 :-)  ...

  WebDAV: Web-Based Distributed Authoring and Versioning

  WebDAV is an exciting new technology for the World Wide Web. WebDAV
  stands for Web-Based Distributed Authoring and Versioning, and
  provides a way to remotely author and manage your web servers (whether
  you are an author or an adminstrator). The WebDAV protocol is
  specified by RFC 2518 as an extension to the HTTP protocol, utilizing
  XML for client/server interactions and communication of metadata. This
  talk will present an overview of WebDAV, its benefits for users, and
  scenarios for effective deployment. It will continue with a discussion
  of the available tools, applications, and programmatic APIs available
  for working in WebDAV-enabled environments. In closing, the session
  will detail the future direction of the WebDAV protocol and how it
  could drive the next step in the evolution of the Web.

  by Greg Stein, Independent Software Developer

(Wednesday, 9:45am)

You might surmise that I'll be there, too :-). Yes, I'd be interested in
getting together. It might make sense to put something on webdav.org.
Should I direct people at you, for setting up a BOF?

Re: editor. WebDAV provides no specific facilities for editing pieces of a
document. Standard HTTP can do a GET/PUT using ranges, but WebDAV has
avoided things like range locks.

Cheers,
-g

--