From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Greg Stein
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 12:39 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: LOCK request body?

Section 8.10.1 states that a LOCK request "SHOULD" have a request body.
However, it does not state what the server should use as a default if the
client does not supply a body.

What should a server do? Create a lock of its own choosing?

The text does state "unless this is a refresh request", but the parsing of
the sentence is not entirely clear. I believe the intent is probably that
it MUST have a body for asserting a lock, and that it MUST NOT have a body
for refreshing a lock.

On a slightly different topic: why is a refresh done using locktokens
gathered from the If: header, rather than the more obvious Lock-Token:
header?

Cheers,
-g

--