From: Brett McCormick [mailto:brett@sextracker.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 5:52 PM
To: ccjason@us.ibm.com
Cc: Serge Knystautas; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: WebDAV and Dynamic Content

On Sunday, 21 November 1999, at 18:15:17, ccjason@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Serge.  I think we all want to see WebDAV support dynamic resources.
> And I think a few folks would say we already do.  I don't quite agree.
> I think we haven't really flushed them out well enough to be
> fully interoperabile.

I guess I haven't heard any reasons why the current scheme wouldn't
satisfy your requirements in a fully interoperable way.

I feel strongly that the webdav spec should not provide a facility for
obtaining the source content using the actual uri of the output
resource.  I feel that this extra mechanism is non interoperable.  The
DAV server may not even be able to fufill the request for the
unprocessed source, and the client must then fall back to the existing
mechanism.

It isn't functionality that is extensible enough for our needs
(assumes one source document) nor can it be uniformly provided across
DAV server implementations.

--brett