Re: interoperability testing with Xythos/Sharemation server

At 01:40 PM 11/14/99 -0800, Kevin Wiggen wrote:

>Jim,
>

>I don't know how to reproduce your findings, and I can't.  Can you make your
>test script be even more verbose and print out the Headers and XML you are
>sending in the Request, and then what the headers and body that my server
>gives you in the Response.  This will make it easier for me (and you) to
>track down issues, as I can see the series of Request/Response pairs for
>your tests.

>dead property http://example.com/author was preserved across deletion of
>/~jrd/foo.html

This was a bug in my test code.   Xythos returns two propstat elements in
this case.
The first one had an empy prop element, and a status of 200.  The second
one had
the prop I was looking for, and the appropriate status code 404.

As far as I can tell it's perfectly legal for Xythos to return that first
propstat, even though there were no props in it.  but it confused my code.
Now fixed.  Xythos is not guilty.

>PropPatch failed with tagged-list production

here is more detail.   The request is

PROPPATCH /~jrd/foo.html
If:
<http://www.sharemation.com:80/~jrd/foo.html>(<locktoken:www.sharemation.com