Re: Jigsaw release

> I've just seen the details for the new release of the W3C server -
> Jigsaw and spotted the details of the XML format and the administration
> protocol (http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/JigXML.html). Is it
> just me or is this not in DAV format? Does this seem a bit strange?
>
> I'm generally just a snooper in the mailing list, but this confused me.

Jigsaw is not using DAV but a format that is more suited to a fast
serialization/deserialization scheme. The fact that the admin protocol is
using the same language is just legacy from the previous version and
actually we are thinking about using it for the admin protocols. The 2.1
track is meant to change with the possibility to do incompatible changes
like upgrading the admin protocol ;)