workable:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1999JulSep/0359.html.

There are two differences in your arguments this time.

#1 - Clients must be able to deal with 302s anyway.

Clients do not have to currently deal with a 302 while their lock is
outstanding because the lock prohibits the file from being moved. The only
way a 302 could occur is if the lock failed and the client will treat that
as a catastrophic error.

For example, today if you try to use Office 2000 against a level 1 WebDAV
server Office will disable "Save..." functionality and only allow "Save
As...". The reason is that our users are trained to have very high
expectations regarding the reliability provided by "Save" where as they have
no expectations regarding "Save As..." Without namespace locking support we
can not meet those expectations, so we are forced to disable "Save..."

#2 - Mitigating features such as lock monitors and e-mail notification are
becoming so cheap that they can be relied upon being widely available.

Speaking from personal experience having helped to develop products which
provide for e-mail tracing, your expectations of their pricing are
unrealistic. Such systems are currently priced in the hundreds of thousands
of dollar range and I know of some new ones that will only be in the
thousands of dollar range. However it will be many years before they hit the
$200 OS range. Even were they widely available our users would refuse to use
them in practice because of the awful user experience they create. Irit
doesn't want to receive a message telling her that Joe has moved her files.
She just doesn't want her files to move.

I believe this comes down to one and only one issue. Will allowing locked
files to be moved cause an interoperability problem? As I previously argued,
I believe the answer is yes. You believe the answer is no. Neither of us
seems to be convincing the other.

Since we aren't making any real progress might I suggest we table this topic
until the next IETF? We can discuss this in our usual manner, an
unbelievably good/expensive meal followed by pistols at 10 paces.

I checked out
http://www.zagat.com/search/results.asp?QueryType=RecordSet&strCategoryType=
restaurant&handler=byCategory&sortBy=CategoryRestaurantRank&fList=10001&loca
leID=7&searchPhrase=Favorite+Restaurants for ideas, Kinkeads looks both good
and close. L'AUBERGE CHEZ FRANCOIS actually sounded perfect given our mutual
preferences but it is a good hour away from the hotel. GERARD'S PLACE also
sounded good but I could use a bit more of a boisterous environment. It will
cover the noise of the gun shots. You remember the trouble we had last time.
The gun shots scared away all the cabs!

					Yaron