Re: resourcetype locknull

   From: Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (Albert Lunde)

   > Having LOCK create a null resource as a side effect?
   > This can't be "no control coupling" Jim Amsden talking here! (:-).
   >
   > But seriously, I could easily live with this proposal.  Although I am
   > aesthetically against control coupling of this kind (i.e. creating a
   > resource and locking a resource should be two separate and orthogonal
   > requests), I could live with it if that's what it takes to get rid
   > of lock null resources.

   But would this work if one intended to reserve a URL to create a collection?

Albert is of course right.
So I can no longer live with Jim's proposal (:-).

So I'm back to:

   - return a 404 if there is no resource to LOCK,
   - let the client create a "null" instance of what it wants there,
   - then the client locks that null instance and it is off and running.