Geoffries simplification proposal (Was: LOCK Scenarios)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Geoffrey M. Clemm wrote:

> <gmc/> In general, I am against all bits of the
> protocol which cause a lock to be "inherited", since this forces
> all the "resource creation" methods to have to deal with all
> the "LOCK" failure cases.  So I'm against:
> - depth locking
> - lock-null resources
> - keeping the lock on the destination of a MOVE/COPY
After coming back from my holidays and reading a lot of WebDAV articles
I don't want to repeat all arguments. I just want to say:
I agree with you :-)

Regards, Edgar

--
Edgar.Schwarz@de.bosch.com ON/EMS1, 07191/13-3382         Niklaus Wirth:
Privat kann jeder soviel C programmieren oder Videos ansehen wie er mag.