RE: LOCK Scenarios

BTW when we originally discussed this in WebDAV the conclusion was that a
system like IE could handle the "merge" behavior on its own, without needing
any help from the server. That is, it could pipeline a bunch of copy's
w/overwrites. This wouldn't even hurt latency since the requests could be
pipelined.

However the reality is that things would probably be faster if there was a
way to say "Hey, merge." So why not just add a header which specifies merge
functionality? If you want to make sure it is honored then mark up with the
request with mandatory.

As for IE, sigh... I have forwarded the bug to the right folks but in the
meanwhile it might make sense to put in a detection for IE's user agent and
"do the right thing." I realize this sucks but bugs happen, especially
amongst early adopters.

		Yaron