Proposal for encoding a resource with properties

Caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: francis@ariel.lcs.mit.edu [mailto:francis@ariel.lcs.mit.edu] On
Behalf Of John Stracke
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 9:40 AM
To: WebDAV WG
Subject: [Moderator Action] Proposal for encoding a resource with
properties

Our discussion of compound documents reminded me of an idea I toyed with
last summer: encoding a DAV resource, bundled with its properties, into
a MIME entity.  I've attached a possible Draft describing one way to do
this.  It's quite preliminary--it describes the XML elements informally
instead of with a DTD, and it isn't formatted to be published as a
Draft--but I hope it gets the idea across.  It supports all the
currently extant types of DAV resources (ordinary, reference, and
collection), and discusses (briefly :-) how to use it with MKCOL.

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |