RE: use of attribute to qualify property value

Modeling history as a resource actually sounds like a good idea for the very
reason that you want to see history in a bunch of different ways. You can
use the content-negotiation features of HTTP to specify to the history
resource exactly how you would like to view it. Alternatively, you can model
history as a search on a versioned resource. But in either case, modeling
history as a property is a bad idea as properties, by definition, do not
support content negotiation.

As for attributes, the sentence you attribute to me was in fact stated by
Jim Davis.

My objection to the use of XML attributes is based solely on my assessment
that attributes retard extensibility and therefore, by the very definition
of our mission to create a robust protocol, are a bad design choice. I would
strongly encourage you to read
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998JulSep/0084.html in
order to understand my uniform objection to the use of XML attributes.

			Yaron