RE: DELETE Semantics in Advanced Collections

Before I comment on the appropriateness of this proposal I would like to
make sure that I understand its purpose. I suspect that the advanced
collection group's motivation is that they are concerned that existing
clients using existing commands will cause the "wrong" thing to happen.

That is, an advanced collection client creates an extensive system of
bindings to a particular resource. What the advanced collection client would
like to see happen is that if some down level client shows up and issues a
DELETE only the particular binding they are trying to delete will be removed
rather than the actual resource, which would collapse their carefully
crafted system of bindings to that resource.

	Is that an accurate summary?

				Yaron