RE: Some problems with the WebDAV protocol (part 1: philosophy)

At 12:58 4/26/99 PDT, Larry Masinter wrote:

>My belief is that HTTP interoperability testing for PUT and
>DELETE has been superficial. Although HTTP-WG is officially
>closing, it doesn't mean that more work on HTTP itself can't
>happen. And the WebDAV group is a good example of where future
>refinements might arise.

Depends on whether you mean "interoperability testing" as in different
applications testing against each other or whether the model in HTTP works
at all.

In the former case, I don't think we have reason to doubt the results of
the interoperability test [1] (if you do then I suspect that this should be
raised very soon).

In the later case, there is plenty examples of HTTP/1.1 working just fine,
see for example

	http://www.w3.org/WinCom/NoMoreLostUpdates.html

which is fully implemented and supported in libwww, jigsaw, and amaya.

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Forum/Reports/
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,