RE: Section 23.4 Appendix 4 - XML Namespace in WebDAV

The WebDAV's XML namespace rules only apply to elements used directly to
execute WebDAV XML commands. Therefore it is NOT safe to assume that XML
sent as payload inside a PUT request or a GET response follows the WebDAV
rules. You can only be sure that the WebDAV rules are being used for WebDAV
related command/responses. BTW, webDAV rules do apply to property values,
this was necessary for consistency.

The bottom line is that an XML processor which doesn't use these rules can
safely transport XML across WebDAV without having to worry about their XML
being interpreted using the WebDAV rules. The rules only become an issue if
you are using them inside WebDAV XML command syntax.

I'm not pretending that I like this situation. I wish the W3C had been able
to provide a consistent solution. But they made it absolutely clear to the
WebDAV WG that they had no intention of addressing this issue in the
namespace specification and WebDAV's functionality was impossible without a
resolution rule. Therefore we had no choice but to come up with some rule.
The best we could do was to limit the scope of the rule.

		Yaron