Re: RDF for versioning

At 05:46 PM 10/5/98 -0700, John Stracke wrote:
>At the versioning design team meeting last week, Jim asked
>if we wanted to express the revision history (version graph)
>in RDF; it's a natural format for it, but there was concern
>that we might be tying ourselves to a doomed non-standard--a
>few people expressed the opinion that RDF seemed to be dying
>on the vine, ignored by the W3C

Those who who may have expressed the view that W3C could be
abandoning RDF are sorely mistaken.  The RDF Model and Syntax
Working Group continues to refine its specification based on
comments on the most recent public working draft (dated
19 August).  See http://www.w3.org/TR/

We hope to declare a 'Last Call' review for the RDF Model and
Syntax specification in a single-digit number of days and for
the RDF Schema specification shortly thereafter.

-Ralph R. Swick
 W3C/MIT