Re: [Uri-review] scheme registration request

Dan,

From RFC3986:

1.2.3 URI scheme specifications can define opaque identifiers by
   disallowing use of slash characters, question mark characters, and
   the URIs "scheme:." and "scheme:..".

5.2.1 Note that only the scheme component is required to be
   present in a base URI; the other components may be empty or
   undefined.

5.1.3 Note that if the retrieval was the result of a redirected request, the last URI used (i.e., the URI that resulted in the actual retrieval of the representation) is the base URI.

Tim