Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive@w3.org from September 2012)

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:59:55 -0400
To: David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Christophe Lauret <clauret@weborganic.com>, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, URI <uri@w3.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
David Sheets scripsit:

> Anne's current draft increases the space of valid addresses. This
> isn't obvious as Anne's draft lacks a grammar and URI component
> alphabets. You support Anne's draft and its philosophy, therefore you
> are saying the space of valid addresses should be expanded.

Before confusion is worse confounded, Anne's draft does not extend the space
of valid addresses, but rather provides processing for both valid and
invalid addresses.  As such, it extends the space of what may be called
processable or usable addresses.

--
"The serene chaos that is Courage, and the phenomenon   cowan@ccil.org
of Unopened Consciousness have been known to the        John Cowan